I’ve thought a lot about what this first post should be. It’s been a few years since I’ve blogged in any proper kind of way. I’m not sure if I’m supposed to do an intro post or just launch into the kind of content I want to provide. I’ve decided on an intro post, clearly, even though I’m not sure what to put in it. Probably a lot of the same stuff that I’ll be putting on my About page.
So let’s get down to it, shall we?
My name is Amanda and I am currently a 28 year old human bean living in Massachusetts. I’m also in a weird phase of my life that has led me to moving back home while I get a handle on things. I’m struggling with that a lot as it wasn’t what I wanted to do; I didn’t have much of a choice. Working on moving forward from this point is difficult but I know will be worth it. I suppose this blog is a part of that growth.
Here’s a nice little list of semi-interesting things about me that will inevitably influence the content I create for this blog:
- I’m vegan! I made the decision to go completely plant based 2 years ago (after 5 years of being vegetarian) and am very happy with my choice.I am the proud mom of two very adorable cats, Eli and Echo. I don’t know what I’d do without them.
- I have been try to do the minimalism thing for almost a year now. Sometimes I still buy too much lipstick. I’m working on it.
- I’m incredibly interested in magic and witchcraft and have been from a young age.
- I’m currently working on how I want my craft to fit into my minimalist lifestyle.
- I struggle with my mental health quite a lot sometimes. I’m on a continuous journey to manage my anxiety and depression. I’m sure it’ll come up here. As much as I love the “good vibes and self love” thing the internet has been doing lately, I want to be honest about my mental health and the difficulties I have with it, and sometimes that means being uncomfortable.
I want this to be a space for learning and honesty. I want to provide useful information and resources regarding minimalism, ethical living, and magic. But I also want to be real with anyone reading this. I want to have open discussions and create connections.
There’s a lot of things I want to do with my life and a lot of work I have to do to get those things. But above all I want to live honestly and compassionately. I want to be content with what I have and what I’ve created and I want to help others feel the same. I fully believe that there is magic in all the little things in our lives and that we’re in control of those little things.
If any of that sounds good to you, I hope you’ll stick around, I’d love to have you on this journey with me.